Thursday, August 13, 2009

Promoting Self Esteem: A Daily Memo

DESIGNING YOUR PARENTING PHILOSOPHY;

A philosophy can guide your actions and words, thus enabling you to be an effective role model for your child/ren. There are no right or wrong philosophies- what ever works best for you. Here are a few I created:

1. I will teach my children responsibility. I will listen to their voices and feelings.

2. I will tell and show my child/ren that they are loved unconditionally, I will teach and model the concept of gratitude.

3. I will help my child build pride in himself, feel great about himself, and celebrate his accomplishments.

4. I will foster my daughter's self esteem. I will help her believe in herself, I will strive to guide her develop her own talents.

Let's remember a strong philosophy is the back bone of how you will act, think, and speak! It is the way you will be a role model for your family.

If anyone has a philosophy they would like to post here feel free!

No comments:

Post a Comment