Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday's Tip

There are many simple and easy activities parents and children can do together at home to promote self esteem. The Bravo! List helps stop negative talk and accentuates the positive. Occasionally, children come home from school with a list of things that went "wrong" during the day. This activity helps combat that. A Bravo! List is simply a list of things that went "right". You can list 5 things each day that went "right". They can be posted in the kitchen, written as a journal entry, or just verbally discussed during dinner. For example: 1. I shared with the new boy/girl in school today. 2. I tried out for the school play. 3. I set the table without being told. 4. I waited for my turn when the teacher was talking to a parent. 5. I was ready for school early and I practiced my spelling words while I waited for the school bus.
This list is a real booster for children! Also, parents can also share their Bravo! List.
I hope this tip is helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment